The Kenworthy Performing Arts Centre is seeking a part-time Office Coordinator to manage volunteer requests, generate and manage web content, develop marketing materials consistent with our brand, and perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
Responsibilities include providing professional and friendly assistance to patrons, board members and volunteers, maintaining our organization’s online presence, and designing and marketing advertising for events and ongoing programs. The Office Coordinator plays an integral part in ensuring that our office operations run smoothly and supporting the Executive Director, Operations Director, and other organizational activities.
- Request and schedule volunteer ushers and volunteers for special events
- Generate and manage content for website and online event calendars
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Sort & process bulk mailings by hand
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, shredding, and scanning
- Manage patron database (Little Green Light) including renewals, processing donations, issuing receipts for donations
- Act as an office manager by keeping up with theater supply inventory and building/office cleanliness
- Use publishing software to create graphics for events and social media
- Create and distribute marketing copy and fliers to advertise our events
- Edit and proofread written pieces before publication
- Promote content on social networks and monitor engagement (e.g. comments and shares)
- Passion for the performing arts, film, and community engagement
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude; proven work experience in customer service a plus
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, PhotoShop, or other design software
- Understanding of visual elements (layout, type and fonts)
- Experience with database or content management systems
- Experience with marketing and promotion of events, products, or causes
- Experience with WordPress, or similar website management program
- Part-time: Monday – Friday, 10-12 hours/ week.
- This position has the potential to expand based on funding and organizational need
- Some nights and weekends
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume in .PDF format to the Kenworthy Performing Arts Centre’s Executive Director, Christine Gilmore, at email@example.com. Questions about the position can also be directed to that address. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position will remain open until filled.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook for up-to-date information.
About the Kenworthy
The Kenworthy Performing Arts Centre, Inc. (KPAC) is Moscow’s premier historic, downtown,community performing arts venue and cinematic art house dedicated to hosting and providing high quality arts experiences to residents of and visitors to the Palouse region. KPAC staff members prepare the theatre for various film screenings, rentals, performances, special events and meetings. Duties will include running the KPAC box office, concessions stand, projection and event set up. A KPAC staff member works part time and maintains positive customer relationships by utilizing exemplary customer service skills.